Lincolnia Park Recreational Club Swim Team
With the motto "Earning Our Right to Win" we coach our swimmers to work hard in and out of the water. We strive toward excellence from each of our athletes and promote having FUN all throughout the summer! The Lazers have been swimming since 1958 and we are in the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL). We strive to develop stroke technique, speed, and sportsmanship for athletes ages 4 to 18 from late spring through the summer.
- All Members 4-18 are welcomed and encouraged to join the summer fun by joining the Lazer Swim Team! The Lazers are a NVSL Division 16 swim team whose focus is on stroke, sportsmanship, and social fun.
- For further information or to register for swim team, check out our team website, our events page, or email Kate Wise, the swim team coordiator, at email@example.com.
- The Swim Team costs $100 for the first swimmer (discounted to $90 for new swimmers); $95 for the second swimmer (discounted to $85 for new swimmers); $90 for the second swimmer (discounted to $80 for new swimmers); and capped at $285 per family . (The cap is the same for families with existing swimmers and new swimmers.)
- This is an incredible bargain compared to other sports: the fee covers professional coaching, 5 pratices per week, and 2 meets per week during the swim meet portion. In other sports, you have volunteer coaching, and 1 practice and 1 game per week. Mini/Little Lazers covers 3 group lessons per week for 6 weeks and the Mini/Little Lazers Swim Meet. Compare this to Fairfax County Rec classes, which cost $89 for half the number of sessions!
- Private swim lessons are also available for members by our Head Coach, Ashley Fouse. Contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Philosophy and Practice Goals
Practice sessions focus on conditioning, stroke mechanics, starts, turns, and finishes. Swimmers are encouraged to set personal goals and then supported as they work to achieve them. Building team camaraderie and good sportsmanship are also important goals.
Training Groups are formed by age, not speed or stamina. This promotes team unity and proper age-related activities.
NOTE: Your child's age as of June 1st determines their Age Group for the summer.
- For children (generally ages 4-5) who are comfortable in the water; will put their face in the water; maybe go under water and; will follow instructions to try new things.
- Children learn how to float, use a kickboard, and take a few breaths without stopping. Goals vary for each child, but ultimately we strive to get them swimming the freestyle stroke up to a length of the pool by the end of the swim season.
- Mini Lazers are also encouraged to come to our home meets and participate in the Lollipop Kickboard Race. They practice in the 2-3 ft. section of the pool for 30-minute sessions in the mornings or afternoons/evenings.
- For children (generally aged 5-6) who: are not quite ready for the rigor of swim team; but can swim freestyle a length; are interested in learning the other strokes and “being on the team”.
- Little Lazers usually consist of 5-6 year olds who can swim a length of the pool of modified freestyle without touching the bottom. Goals are to refine their stroke so they can swim the length of the pool without touching the sides and breathing correctly. We also work on swimming the backstroke successfully.
Support your community by donating to LPRC, a non-profit, community-owned organization! NOTE: Because we are a tax-exempt club and not a charity, donations to LPRC are NOT tax-deductible. However, all donations will go directly to improving the pool and thus support your neighborhood. Projects currently under consideration include a playground (already purchased), recaulking the deck, and expanding the social areas to accomodate our growing membership. Your donations will make these a reality much sooner. Thank you!
Lincolnia Park Recreational Club
6501 Montrose Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
(Click on address to view larger map.)
Copyright © : Lincolnia Park Recreational Club.